At last night’s Village Board Meeting, the Lombard Board of Trustees acted to approve a resolution supporting a localized reopening approach regarding the Governor’s Reopen Illinois Plan. Village President Keith Giagnorio also paid tribute to national recognition events in support of public service, and honored Memorial Day.
- The Lombard Village Board approved a resolution recommending and encouraging Governor J.B. Pritzker to consider a more specific localized/county approach to re-opening the State. This proposed adjustment would allow localized area to address the needs of their residents and businesses directly. The Village’s resolution is in alignment with a letter issued to the Governor by the Illinois Municipal League on May 11, 2020.
- Throughout the month of May, national recognition days and weeks pay tribute to those who dedicate their careers and lives to public service. The Village Board publicly thanks and recognizes first responders and Village staff, who serve the Lombard community on a daily basis. These recognitions include:
- National Firefighter’s Day, May 4;
- National Public Service Recognition Week; May 3 – 9;
- National Economic Development week, May 4 – 9;
- National Police Week, May 10 – 16;
- National Public Works Week, May 17 – 23; and
- National EMS week May 17 – 23.
- Residents are reminded that this year’s Memorial Day event has been cancelled, in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Orders regarding public gatherings. In honor of Memorial Day, on Monday, May 25th, the Village pays tribute to those who gave their lives while serving our country. This includes Lombard residents 49 that lost their lives. For names of these individuals and more information about the Village’s Sunken Garden, visit villageoflombard.org/veterans.
Upcoming and past agendas, as well as videos of past meetings are available at villageoflombard.org/meetings. Village Board Meetings are broadcast live on Comcast TV-6, AT&T Channel 99, and at villageoflombard.org.live.