Taxi Subsidy Program
Program ChangesThe Senior Taxi Subsidy Program will be gradually phased out. The Village will continue to register participants and sell subsidy coupon books throughout 2016. Beginning January 1, 2017 the purchase of coupon books and registration into the program will no longer be available. Coupons purchased in 2016 will remain valid until the date of their expiration in 2017. To find out more information about the elimination of the program, frequently asked questions (FAQ) or alternative transportation options, click on the links below:
Letter to Residents Explaining the Phased Elimination of the Program
Alternative Transportation Options
Taxi Subsidy Program Guidelines:
- Seniors must purchase a Taxi Subsidy Program photo ID card for $4.00 when completing the application process at the Village Hall.
- Replacement ID cards are an additional $4.00.
- Taxi Subsidy Program participants are entitled to purchase up to two (2) books of coupons each month.
- Each book is valued at $26.00 and contains thirteen $2.00 coupons.
- Books are sold at a cost of $5.00 each to program participants, expire within one year of issue, and cannot be refunded.
- Coupons are used instead of cash to pay for taxi service.
- Coupons may not be used for rides to Midway or O'Hare airports, Casinos or Downtown Chicago (rides to Downtown Chicago will be allowed with a Doctor's letter on the Doctor's Stationary on file with the Village and previously approved by the Village.)
- Participants are not limited as to the number of coupons they may use during any given ride.
- At least 65 years old or a person with a disability.
- A Village of Lombard resident.
Qualified residents must personally register for the program at the Village Hall. Proof of age or disability is required. Applicants should bring their driver's license, state identification card or RTA special user's permit. A taxi program ID will be issued and a $4 registration fee is required at time of registration. You may fill out the application prior to registering at the Village Hall.
Village of Lombard Licensed Taxi Service Providers:
- 303 Taxi - (630) 588-0303
- AAA Universal Taxi - (630) 617-5400
- All Star Cab Dispatch - (847) 658-1555
- American Taxi - (630) 920-9480
- Center Ice Taxi - (630) 278-0433
- Flat Rate Cab Dispatch - (866) 977-3528
- Metro Yellow Cab - (847) 526-2227
- MPT - My Personal Taxi & Livery (630) 338-3403
- Oak Brook Taxi & Limo (708) 732-0296
- People Cab & Limo Company (708) 544-3494
- The One Taxi (630) 707-9421
Read for more information on Taxi Subsidy Program coupons, travel information, and rates.